Week 12 - Putting it all together
Now that you've delved into the individual aspects of FRC robot programming, it's time to consolidate that knowledge. In this lesson, we're going to construct a robot that comprises multiple subsystems and functionalities.
- Tank Drive: Allows the robot to move forwards, backwards, and turn using two motor controllers.
- Pivoting Arm: Moves up and down using a motor. Has specific set positions.
- Claw: Positioned at the end of the arm, it opens and closes using a solenoid.
- Consolidate the above code into a functional robot program.
- Organize the code using the Command-Based framework. Separate each functional part (Tank Drive, Pivoting Arm, Claw) into their respective subsystems and commands.
- Enhance the code by adding safety features (e.g., make sure the arm doesn't pivot beyond its physical constraints).
- Test the robot in a simulated environment.
- Add multiple autonomous modes to your robot